1.5.09

walpurgismart

When Pamela and I first met, when we both went to the same elementary school, we had a game called "What is this?", where I will pick up a rock or a paper clip or point to the moon I would say "What is this?" and Pamela would say "That's a rock", and I'd say "It's a rock that I brought back from Des Moines" and Pamela would say "It's a rock that you brought back from Des Moines when you ran away from home and used it to defend yourself from hoboes" and I would say "It's a rock that I bought back from Des Moines when I ran away from home and used it to defend myself from hoboes who believed I was Andah Mah, Killer Of Hoboes, in the service of the great railroad tycoons who allow him to travel for free anywhere in the country so long as the blood of the hoboes continues to stain the rails", and, well, you get the idea. We still play this game, which is basically a pretext for the two of us to revel in our shared morbidity. I tried playing this game with Michelle last week, having gone out a couple times, and while she understood the basic mechanics of the game she could not get the morbid comedic aspect, and as I tried to steer things in that direction she became offended, and asked why I have to be like that, and as she changed the topic to how much she's into the tv show Heroes I realized that I was not going to see her again.

1 comment:

db said...

Q: Did I post this just to claim the 666th Discharge 5 post?

A: Yes.

Blog Archive

Followers