12.11.09

nene considers athiestic materialism

"Hay Ana! Wake up!"
"You need to stop poking me with a stick while I'm asleep. That's a really bad idea."
"Were you dreaming?"
"Yes. I was having this great dream where you weren't poking me with a stick."
"But I have a question and it needs to be answered right now! Not later but now!"
"What question?"
"So I was watching this movie and it had zombies in it? And so I was thinking why zombies?"
"What?"
"Like why all these zombies all the time?"
"Oh, that's because of athiestic materialism."
"What?"
"See, a zombie is a human whose entire life is boiled down to satisfying its immediate hunger. In this case it's a hunger for brains. Braaaaaaaains!"
"But brains are *disgusting*."
"Right? So you look at zombies and you think 'Geez, I don't want to be like those clowns!', and hopefully you decide life should be more meaningful than just hanging out at the mall. Or smoking crack. Because you might as well be dead."
"Well but why do I see people dressed up like zombies all the time then? Like they want to be zombies?"
"It's always tempting to stop having to do all the crap you have to do every day. Zombies don't have to go to school or deliver newspapers or...do you have a job?"
"I'm eight. No sir I don't have a job."
"Well but you know what I'm talking about, right?"
"I never know what you're talking about! You don't even know what you're talking about?"
"Well so why do you keep poking me with a stick and asking me questions then?"
"I don't know! Maybe I'm a zombie!"
"You're totally a zombie. Don't eat my brain when I go back to sleep!"
"But so how would I know if I was a zombie? I'd just think I wanted to eat some brains!"
"That should be your first tip. You wanna eat brains?"
"Maybe!"
"I tell you what, you go home and think about it for a while and we'll talk about it tomorrow. I'm going back to bed."
"Hey, they sell brains at the Gilbertville meat locker, right? Why don't zombies just get jobs at the meat packing plant?"
"Go bug Rissa! I'm asleep! Sleeping!"

2 comments:

Inconsequential said...

Splendid.
A treat indeed.

Russell CJ Duffy said...

If you are cooking then I am eating

Brains

Brains
Brains

Brains

Brains

Brains
Brains

Blog Archive

Followers