| murmurists |
| Jan 10 2009 3:00 AM |
I recently attended a series of events organised in order to examine the effects of * on disturbed individuals; specifically those who might be said to suffer from various social disorders. I attended in a semi-non-official capacity, as a dedicated observer, but with related professional duties, including work on the eventual data-base, as well as technical advice, where needed, on issues within my own fields of research. This work will be formally published in due course, albeit somewhat restrictively so. In the meantime, let me relate to you some of my own observations and initial impressions; by way of beginning to validate this kind of approach overall.
The research took place over * days and involved ten subjects. Each of these subjects was exposed to sustained levels of audible stimuli - from simple to complex. There was an endurance aspect to this, which should be taken squarely into consideration. A simple points-system was used in order to evaluate this component; and subjects were fed or remained unfed in accordance with these findings. This, in turn, functioned as both a basic incentive-scheme and, micro-cosmically, as the way the society of the research worked as a whole. Quite naturally, the division this caused had a remarkable psychological effect.
One central symposium entailed a subject being treated to strict, repeated patterns in groups of twenty-four over seven days; watched by thousands, incidentally. The dialogue here was frankly electric; so much so that I chose to assemble the minutes on this myself. Another symposium was kept deliberately below zero for all concerned; with a conceptual emphasise upon relentless circularity. Here, internal differences became beside-the-point. No situation alarmed anyone.
I'll say more in due course.
Displaying 50 of 177 comments ( View All | Add Comment )
- Orgasm 
- Orgasm 
- suRRism w/o d00[E]rrors
- untitled piece - circa 2k9
- Lady Roach said: I told you so...
- Another Kind of Winter
- a moment's stillness [image: across the ...
- BAD STAGE THAT KNOWS.
- Around Corners
- "Hi Ho Silver!"
- cubic letter to aaron...
- An-yer wall confestgues
- Feathers above
- Blinded repition C minus Archive Heart
- You do not have to see a representative to r...
- Dear Mother, Oh Mother, From womb 'till the pillow...
- Discards - aka Pans Throne
- New Yorkers
- Girls on Film
- B E E N T O O E L E C T R I C
- Jackson Pollock, January 28, 1912– August 11, 1956...
- It's not you...It's me...
- Discharge traffic report
- RED TONGUES TWITCHING
- frail tho i am
- LYDON ENNUI
- couch over pomp
- it should be becoming lucid that squatting on t...
- Possessed by his shadow
- Same Old Story
- Nothing New
- horseman of GROT
- For the record, I had to visit a new system this m...
- TIRED, SO TIRED OF...
- Pock Bile (excerpt)
- EoS Done - Title Pending (Carrion Claim?)
- in progress - EoS 2
- in progress - EoS 1
- man of scrote
- irrational numbers
- 10105 Bakin ieino Squareoles
- ..si alguna mujer viniere quita los ojos de sus ...
- Universal Mind
- I do understand the widespread trepidation that so...
- hands on...
- Welcome To The Pyramid
- Ashes to Ashes...
- Birds of paradise
- Tactile my Mistress
- irrational numbers
- it's sinking into the dark pools of perception, ...
- Horror and decay of the urban graveyard
- item #8548 ...
- My Faithful Heart
- twisted translation
- whispers spread out voraciously in all odd direc...
- When you don't see me
- The road looked back at us, with constellations in...
- <!-- Begin .post --> en.tric. ...
- * For there is good news yet to hear and fine thin...
- my dreams are talking back, all raggedy and in you...
- i'm trying, i'm trying to make that final pierce ...
- Mortuary Silence
- Zombie Machines
- Satellite Variations, The Bending 77
- Chairman Mao Reimagined as a Series of Middle-Aged...
- Fungus Jockey
- Blood in the streets
- "con sus meninas y enanos con paleta, tiento y pin...
- ▼ January (205)